Dr. Joshua Berven
- Dr. Berven became a chiropractor after ten years of being an athletic trainer and strength coach.
- His college degree is in athletic training from Simpson College near Des Moines, IA.
At Simpson, Dr. Berven took care of women’s basketball, baseball, and football as the primary student athletic trainer. Furthermore, Dr. Berven played football all four years for the Storm.
- Later, Dr. Berven became certified in Russian style kettlebell training as well as the Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) for golf fitness. He continues to help golfers by using the TPI screen to assist in the treatment plan.
- As an athletic trainer, Dr. Berven worked with all athletes from junior high football to professional hockey with the USHL. Additionally, he was licensed in Iowa, Michigan, and Illinois as a practicing athletic trainer.
- Dr. Berven attended Palmer College of Chiropractic, graduating in October 2018. While at Palmer, he was involved in several clubs as well as being one of the athletic trainers taking care of the Palmer men’s and women’s rugby teams.
- Dr. Berven was president of the training club Kairos Training Culture, formerly called the Adjusting Ninjas. In that club, Dr. Berven led physical preparation, technique, and assessment training utilized by students at all levels of learning.
- As one of the athletic trainers taking care of Palmer Rugby, Dr. Berven was part of implementing and carrying out critical concussion treatment protocol alongside academic counselors in order to get players back in the classroom and on the field as safely as possible.
- Dr. Berven continues to play golf and work alongside athletes in his position at the clinic. As a member of Forest Hills Country Club, he usually plays on his days off with his son along for ride. He has been working as part of the Rockford IceHogs medical staff since the 2018-19 season.