North American Spinal Society recently had a paper published in pubmed. First who is NASS?
The North American Spine Society (NASS) is a professional medical society dedicated to advancing spinal care through education, research, and advocacy. NASS has developed a number of key concepts in spine care that guide its members in providing optimal care for patients with spinal conditions. These concepts include:
- Comprehensive Spine Care: This concept emphasizes the importance of a multidisciplinary approach to spinal care that involves a team of healthcare professionals with expertise in different areas of spine care. The goal is to provide patients with comprehensive and coordinated care that addresses their individual needs.
- Patient-Centered Care: This concept places the patient at the center of the care process and emphasizes the importance of tailoring treatment plans to each patient’s unique needs and preferences. It also involves empowering patients to actively participate in their own care.
- Evidence-Based Practice: This concept involves using the best available evidence to guide clinical decision-making and treatment planning. NASS encourages its members to stay up-to-date with the latest research and to incorporate evidence-based practices into their clinical practice.
- Shared Decision-Making: This concept involves engaging patients in the decision-making process. Next, providing them with the information they need to make informed decisions about their care. Finally, it also involves considering the patient’s values. It also preferences when developing treatment plans.
- Quality and Safety: This concept emphasizes the importance of providing high-quality care that is safe and effective. NASS encourages its members to follow best practices in patient safety and quality improvement. Also, to continually monitor and evaluate their own performance.
Overall, NASS’s concepts in spine care reflect a commitment to providing high-quality, patient-centered care that is based on the best available evidence and tailored to the individual needs of each patient.
The paper they published was about effective ways for lower back pain. They studied spinal manipulation. It is this groups recommendations that this is one of the best options for lower back care. Here at the chiropractor we call this treatment an Adjustment.
First, check out the video link above. Secondly, go to our blog page. Lastly, listen to our podcast. And if you want to take the same supplements Dr Hulsebus takes click here to pick them up next time you’re in.